Monday, March 20, 2006

You Didn't Hear it From Me

So I went to a huge party at the new Selectman's house. There were lots of fine people there - all intelligent and interesting. I made a couple quiches for the party and the ham and apple one seemed to be a favorite.

But first let me tell you about the new Selectman's house. Something you should know about the new Selectman and his wife is that they are loaded *ka-ching, ka-ching* but they are really nice, really down to earth people. About 4 years ago they completed building the house they live in now. The first time after I had been in this house I had a disagreement with my spouse as to whether the house was a very old house that had been refurbished, or a brand new house. See I thought that it was an old house because who now a-days builds a new Federal style house? And geez the floors are chestnut! And the wallpaper is made of strange little sheets instead of coming off one big roll! And the detail on the woodwork! Anyway, it turns out that they have this huge brand new Federal style house that has a ton of period details in it. Really magnificent. They only thing that might give it away as a new house is all the recessed lighting.

So while we were there a couple people started recounting some unpleasant stories about my mechanic (who was the other candidate for Selectman but lost). Now, I like hearing gossip (just like I like going through medicine cabinets in other people's homes), but I usually don't spread gossip, but at the same time it always makes me feel a little weird to listen to gossip. So previously, before the whole election thing, I was reconsidering taking our cars to my mechanic anyway. See the last few times I've taken a car there they've either misdiagnosed the problem or the car would come back home with a different problem (albeit a minor one). So I've been having this grumbling feeling that either my mechanic and his crew are maliciously screwing up or they are just incompetent. Either way, I would like to go somewhere that fixes my car right the first time. So between poor customer satisfaction and that my mechanic can be a prick I'm thinking about dumping him. And unfortunately the timing isn't really good coming so close behind the elections. It's going to look like I am completely jumping camp. And if I do this, it's not like I can avoid him - this is a Tiny Town.

Anyway if you are wondering about the gossip, it had to do with why the Town Moderator is no longer married…

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any satanic cult stories or children of the corn kids running a muck?...

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home