Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Glad It Is Over

So it looks like my mechanic is NOT the new Selectman. And actually I'm glad about it. I like him well enough and I like him as my mechanic but I don't think I would like him as my Selectman. Or at least I don't feel like he would represent me and the things I would like for This Tiny Town.

I guess it has to do with the other candidate endorsing open space preservation more than my mechanic. And to be honest after moving here from the suburban sprawl of NJ, I would rather see as much land preserved as possible here. In fact I would rather have This Tiny Town become too expensive to live in but have tons and tons of preserved land if that were the case.

So yesterday when I went to the Town Hall to vote I actually waited in line for 20 minutes which is highly unusual here. Usually it is in and out on voting day. And both groups of candidates were out working the polls. Like I said yesterday, it made me feel queasy. I felt bad that I knew that I was going to vote against my mechanic. I said hello to his group before quickly slipping into the Hall.

In NH we vote using pre-printed paper ballots. They give us PENCILS at the polls to mark the ballot but I used pen because you never know. Then after you mark your ballot you hand it to the Town Moderator who slips it into a slot in a closed wooden box. Not very high tech, eh? Then I got into my car and drove home feeling exhausted.

I hope the new Selectman works to keep this town a Tiny Town.

Also we are keeping Town Meeting for another year. YAY!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

More stories from the tiny town please...

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home